Friday, June 24

Peach Jam


I've been rather busy lately and rather tired, my posting has suffered and I am ashamed. I'm back in Stockholm now though and I hope to be a better blogger! I mentioned white peach and ginger mint tea jam a little while ago and I'd like to include the recipe, hopefully you are interested! Honestly, I love jam; I love making it, coming up with new combinations, feeling like someones great grandmother when I go through the canning process. It's one of my favourite things; so when I was a bit bored one lovely afternoon last week I made this jam!
Here is a link on how to sterilize jars for jam making.


White Peach and Ginger Mint Tea Jam
makes 3 jars

12 peaches
4 cups sugar
3 cups brewed ginger mint tea
juice of one lemon

  • I'll start by saying I didn't peel the peaches, they were too soft for that too go well. I know some find this very important but it didn't seem that necessary here and it was just too difficult. So..Pit the peaches and slice them into about 8 segments. Place them in a large pot.
  • Add 4 cups of sugar, the juice of one lemon and the tea to the pot. Heat the pot on high, bring it to a boil and then reduce it to medium. Skim off all the foam you can manage.
  • Place a small plate in the freezer for testing the jam later.
  • Leave the jam on medium til it is reduced by about half. It will need fairly constant stirring, be careful that there are no sticky spots on the bottom of the pot that start to burn. 
  • Once the jam is reduced by half take the plate out of the freezer and put a teaspoonful of jam on it. Leave it a moment then tilt the plate and pull the spoon back through the jam, if the jam doesn't come back together in the line you made with the spoon then it's ready. Pour it into sterilized jars and there you go!






Shoo Ba Doo Ba Loo Ba - Serge Gainsbourg

No comments:

Post a Comment