Saturday, July 9

Wimbledon

I like tennis, strawberries, cream and Pimms and the Wimbledon final is the perfect occasion to indulge all this. Last Sunday afternoon we sat down to enjoy homemade strawberry jam on still warm scones  (recipe here) with clotted cream (and even more strawberries) while watching my two favourite players vie for the Wimbledon title. The cocktail of choice was Pimms and champagne, which is a combination I would recommend for almost any occasion, add a strawberry for aesthetics sake! Finally, we complemented our sticky sweet scones with a cheese board for balance. And then, like after all good feasts, we had a nap.



2 comments:

  1. You are my hero. How do you not have more comments? Your blog is beautiful and your content is original and amazing. Just keep it up girl.

    Also, on topic - I LOVE Pimms. Just discovered it at a restaurant in Minneapolis last summer. It is SO good with ginger ale and a slice of cucumber, too.

    Can't say enough how much I love your photography & style. Hope you don't think I'm creepily obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've made my day! Thank you so much for such a kind comment, I can't say how much I appreciate it!

    Also, totally agreed, Pimms is the greatest! I'm definitely putting cucumber in mine next time.

    ReplyDelete