Monday, August 15

Cherry Sangria



Summer is sort of one long sangria recipe. Company's coming? What's in the fruit basket and the liquor cabinet? I'm pretty sure a winning combination can be found. I was really happy with this spur of the moment sangria because (it tasted great) it gave me a chance to use last summers preserved cherries. They were closing in on the end of their shelf life and I was worrying about that lonely jar, no longer though! One long summer evening of spontaneous cocktails later and I'm planning my next batch of sweet cherries preserved in liquor.



Cherry Sangria

2 bottles rosé wine
8 fl oz cherry brandy
2 fl oz juice from preserved cherries (cointreau)
1/2 cup cherries preserved in cointreau (or any liquor)
15 halved and pitted fresh yellow/pink cherries
2 tbs honey

  • combine all ingredients, stir well. Let sit for about half an hour in the fridge and then have yourself a nice evening!


1 comment:

  1. What a delicious -- and beautiful -- take on sangria. I still have a pound of pitted cherries in my freezer leftover from early summer. Just might have to make a pitcher of this.

    ReplyDelete